South Park Greenpower Racing Team

The South Park Formula Goblin racing team held our first meeting after school today. We decided on our club rules and how we planned to build the car. We thought about the safety issues we might have using the tools and big car batteries. The children explored what was in the large packing boxes containing all the parts we need. They looked at the motor, brakes, some electrical components and a rather cool car key to turn the power on and off. We can’t wait to get constructing!

Thank you for your generous Harvest Festival Donations

We would like to say a huge thank you to all the families, who have contributed so generously this year for our school Harvest festival.

All your donations have been taken to the Welcome Centre in Ilford, to be distributed to those in need.

We really appreciate your continued efforts in supporting our wider school community.


South Park Formula Goblin Racing Team Launch

We are starting a Greenpower Formula Goblin Racing Team at South Park Primary School this year. We have been busy recruiting a team of budding racing drivers and enthusiastic mechanics who will build an electric car to compete against teams from other schools.

Participation in the racing team is only open to our current Year 6 pupils and they will learn how to build and maintain an electric car and then how to drive it.


Children throughout the rest of the school will be involved in designing the car bodywork, promoting the team in the wider community, and observing the construction and testing of the vehicle at school.

Everyone at South Park will be welcome to attend the official race meetings next year. Bring your families to support the team. It will be a fabulous and exciting day out!


This project does cost money and we are having to cover costs mainly through fundraising and sponsorship.

This is where you can help!

Tesco’s run a scheme where money raised through the Bag for Life scheme gets allocated to community projects. We have been chosen by Tesco’s to receive a grant. The amount we get is decided by their shoppers in our local Tesco shops.

So next time you go to Tesco’s – don’t forget to vote for our South Park electric car racing project before you leave the shop. They will give you a token to use when you pay for your shopping.

Keep your eyes on the school blog to see how our car build is going. You can also watch a video about the Greenpower project on our website in the News section.

Sports Day 2018

What fantastic mornings the children had this week for their annual Sports Day. How lucky we were with the weather too. We normally rearrange sports day due to it being too wet, not too hot!

All the children tried their hardest and there were some outstanding performances from all age groups. It was lovely to see the children being competitive and determined but also showing great encouragement and sportsmanship towards each other throughout the sessions.

It was fantastic to see so many parents supporting the children in all the different activities, and well done to the parents who got involved and raced themselves. I hope you enjoy looking at the photographs and hope it brings back happy memories!

Reading At Home

During the Summer Term of 2018, the Reading Recovery teachers Mrs Jay and Mrs Calver worked with some parents of Reception and Year 1 children, to support them in helping their child to read at home.

There were 4 sessions during which we shared information about the reading skills that children need to become better readers and taught the parents how they could support their child in developing these skills.  At the end of each session, parents had an opportunity to read with their child. 

All the parents who attended the sessions thoroughly enjoyed learning more about reading and how they could help their child with reading at home.

In the final session, all the parents received a certificate which was presented by the Headteacher Mrs Keigwin.

Here are some comments from those parents:

“I really enjoyed the sessions.”

“I found it very useful.”

“Developing ways to reinforce positivity during reading and learning how to use pictures to work out harder words was very useful.”

“My child loved reading with his mum in school.”

We hope to be holding more reading sessions next year for Reception and Year 1 parents, so look out for the posters if you are interested.




South Park Kwik Cricket Team

Congratulation to our boys in Year 5 & 6 for getting to the quarter finals of Kwik Cricket at Hainault Recreation Ground on Tuesday 5th June . They did very well in the group stage by being runners up.  We won three games and only lost only one.  The boys had a great time and really enjoyed the experience!

The team from left to right: Jasorjar, Sahib, Mohinder, Abinash, Puneet, Muzamil, Eesa, Abdul Wasi, Hashim and Adam along with Coach Craig.